Pages

Makeup Items I'm No Longer Buying



Since I'm doing a no buy this month, I've decided to take an in-depth look at the makeup items I buy. I've found some of them are things I've been taught to need and want. Whereas in reality, I don't use them at all. 
With that in mind, here are the makeup products I will no longer be buying.

Nail polish

I've been getting permanent nail polish manicures or gel nails for a few years now and I just don't see a need to keep buying regular nail polish. I need maybe 2-3 shades for my toes, but that's it. Totally unnecessary to keep buying more!


Primer

I've pretty much stopped wearing foundation, and I've never really used primer. This Smashbox one in particular was an impulse purchase I convinced myself I 'needed'.

Foundation

I've noticed recently my skin looks SO much better without foundation, so I've just been using concealer and a bit of translucent powder. I'll still wear foundation for special occasions, as I have a lot of it. Not buying anything new until I use the ones I have.

Bronzer

I don't know if it's just me, but I honestly don't know how to apply bronzer. I much prefer a fresh-faced look with only blusher on the cheeks. So not buying these anymore either!

Eyeshadows

I have extremely hooded eyes. I never used to wear eye shadow when I was younger, but then I kind of fell into the hole of 'oooh, look how pretty', just like this Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette. Did I need it? No. Is it pretty? Yes. Does that mean I have to spend my hard-earned money? Definitely not.

Eyeliner

By this I mean pencil liners - I don't think I've used one for years, but they still make their way into my collection somehow. Time to stop buying them!

I hope this helped you see that not all products out there are necessary.
What is one makeup product you don't see yourself buying, ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10